Spirit Outreach Services (S.O.S.) of north america has 2 major areas of focus to accomplish it’s goal of bridging the gap between faith-based services and those in need:
1. Establish and maintain an online directory website to allow postings of all faith-based services available in our communities.
2. Empower local churches to establish and maintain a gathering place in their community for prayer, fellowship, classes and community enrichment.
The S.O.S. mission will be accomplished through:
1. Faith Initiatives – Empowering those on the front lines to:
▪ Keep the Word of God and the news of His saving grace at the core of every interaction with those in need
▪ Start every request for services with prayer and a genuine desire to resolve the need
▪ Follow each interaction with an opportunity to receive salvation and continue in discipleship
▪ Make the Body of Christ visibly present in the heart of our communities and light a flame that spreads throughout North America
2. Service Initiatives – Get the Word out:
▪ Gather information from churches, non-profits and government agencies on services that are already being provided in the community
▪ Partner with local churches/non-profits to fill the needs not currently being met
▪ Partner with businesses that can help provide basic needs in a crisis (examples: Furniture for fire victims or food, clothing and shelter for the homeless or destitute)
▪ Develop a system for finding these services and delivering the information to those in need
▪Bridge the gap between those with a heart to volunteer and the services that need them
▪ Provide a place for church leaders to facilitate lifegroups, Bible study, parenting/marriage classes and other forms of fellowship and training
▪ Provide a room for prayer and personal study
▪ Provide a place where the Body of Christ can meet to exchange ideas, counsel, minister or just have a cup of coffee together
Most of all, S.O.S. north america aims to empower God’s people to set the benchmark for how the we can work together in a community and encourage other communities to establish similar displays of His Great Love.
It’s all about “The Mission,” “The Movement” and “The Moment!”