Spirit Outreach Services (S.O.S.) of north america has 2 major areas of focus to accomplish it’s goal of bridging the gap between faith-based services and those in need:
1. Establish and maintain an online directory website to allow postings of all faith-based services available in our communities.
2. Empower local churches to establish and maintain a gathering place in their community for prayer, fellowship, classes and community enrichment.
The S.O.S. mission will be accomplished through:
1. Faith Initiatives – Empowering those on the front lines to:
▪ Keep the Word of God and the news of His saving grace at the core of every interaction with those in need
▪ Start every request for services with prayer and a genuine desire to resolve the need
▪ Follow each interaction with an opportunity to receive salvation and continue in discipleship
▪ Make the Body of Christ visibly present in the heart of our communities and light a flame that spreads throughout North America
2. Service Initiatives – Get the Word out:
▪ Gather information from churches, non-profits and government agencies on services that are already being provided in the community
▪ Partner with local churches/non-profits to fill the needs not currently being met
▪ Partner with businesses that can help provide basic needs in a crisis (examples: Furniture for fire victims or food, clothing and shelter for the homeless or destitute)
▪ Develop a system for finding these services and delivering the information to those in need
▪Bridge the gap between those with a heart to volunteer and the services that need them
▪ Provide a place for church leaders to facilitate lifegroups, Bible study, parenting/marriage classes and other forms of fellowship and training
▪ Provide a room for prayer and personal study
▪ Provide a place where the Body of Christ can meet to exchange ideas, counsel, minister or just have a cup of coffee together
Most of all, S.O.S. north america aims to empower God’s people to set the benchmark for how the we can work together in a community and encourage other communities to establish similar displays of His Great Love.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe in salvation for lost and sinful people and that our spirits are made alive by the Holy Spirit that is present with believers now as our comforter. We believe it is by His indwelling a Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ as His Body here on Earth, called according to His purposes.
It’s all about “The Mission,” “The Movement” and “The Moment!”